- Amid More Frequent Bonnet Carré Spillway Openings, Upriver Diversions Can be a Solution June 23, 2020The unprecedented 2019 Mississippi River flood was a stark reminder of the need to rethink the management of our rivers and how we confront a future with more water coming to Louisiana from the rest of the country. In the last five years, the Army Corps has opened the Bonnet Carré Spillway (BCS) five times to relieve pressure on Mississippi River levees tha […]
- Amid More Frequent Bonnet Carré Spillway Openings, Upriver Diversions Can be a Solution June 23, 2020
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011Overview (from Canon) “Canon has brought the best of the EOS-1D Series of digital cameras into one phenomenal model: the new flagship of the EOS line, the EOS-1D X*. Its full-frame 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and all-new Dual DIGIC 5+ … Continue reading →
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011
Tag Archives: weathered oil
Sounding a bit like a broken record here, but this new spate of oil rolling up on the Gulf Coast beaches from Fort Morgan, Alabama to Timbalier Islands Louisiana can’t be surprising anyone – can it? Emulsified oil, oil mousse … Continue reading
A SouthWings flight with pilot Tom Hutchings along the Alabama/Florida coast had been planned for Wednesday anyway, so on the way out of Mobile Bay we looped along the beach at Fort Morgan. I wanted to show Tom what we … Continue reading