- Delta Dispatches: Coastal Challenges & the Best of Bycatch June 19, 2017On today’s show Simone talks with the Executive Director of the Louisiana Sea Grant College Program, Dr. Robert Twilley about The Louisiana Sea Grant Programs working individually and in partnership to address major marine and coastal challenges. Pepper Bowen, Director of Culinaria stops by to talk with Simone about how through legal research and policy anal […]
- Delta Dispatches: Coastal Challenges & the Best of Bycatch June 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011Overview (from Canon) “Canon has brought the best of the EOS-1D Series of digital cameras into one phenomenal model: the new flagship of the EOS line, the EOS-1D X*. Its full-frame 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and all-new Dual DIGIC 5+ … Continue reading →
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011
Tag Archives: Louisiana
Several months ago I thought we had exhausted the opportunities to make jokes of the BP acronym. Apparently not. Now BP themselves have upped the ante: BP stands for Blame Passing. On the eve of the anniversary of the Macondo … Continue reading
The saying goes, a cat has nine lives, but we only ever see one, to us always the last. In Louisiana’s Barataria Bay we are watching a cat die its ninth life – what’s harder still, we saw all eight … Continue reading
Today I waded into the future waters of Barataria Bay with oystermen Nick Collins, Jules Melancon and Jim Gossen, President & CEO of Louisiana Foods Global Seafood Source (the guy that buys the oysters the rest of us eat) as … Continue reading
A significant reason I only work on long-term projects is perspective. When you are there longer than a week or two you begin to see swings in mood, culture, people, wildlife, the seasons. You begin to feel the pulse of … Continue reading
Jan. 5, 2010 – Grand Isle, Louisiana: “I’ve been here many times and I’ve never seen it looking like this,” Peter Brabeck said of the oil mixing in with the beach sands, turning it black.
Thursday AP reported on a report released by the staff of the presidential commission investigating the April 20th BP oil disaster quoting, “miniscule” was the amount of oil recovered from the ridiculously over-priced berms being built (present tense – as … Continue reading