- Delta Dispatches: Coastal Challenges & the Best of Bycatch June 19, 2017On today’s show Simone talks with the Executive Director of the Louisiana Sea Grant College Program, Dr. Robert Twilley about The Louisiana Sea Grant Programs working individually and in partnership to address major marine and coastal challenges. Pepper Bowen, Director of Culinaria stops by to talk with Simone about how through legal research and policy anal […]
- Delta Dispatches: Coastal Challenges & the Best of Bycatch June 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011Overview (from Canon) “Canon has brought the best of the EOS-1D Series of digital cameras into one phenomenal model: the new flagship of the EOS line, the EOS-1D X*. Its full-frame 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and all-new Dual DIGIC 5+ … Continue reading →
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011
Tag Archives: BP disaster
Today I waded into the future waters of Barataria Bay with oystermen Nick Collins, Jules Melancon and Jim Gossen, President & CEO of Louisiana Foods Global Seafood Source (the guy that buys the oysters the rest of us eat) as … Continue reading
A significant reason I only work on long-term projects is perspective. When you are there longer than a week or two you begin to see swings in mood, culture, people, wildlife, the seasons. You begin to feel the pulse of … Continue reading
Jan. 5, 2010 – Grand Isle, Louisiana: “I’ve been here many times and I’ve never seen it looking like this,” Peter Brabeck said of the oil mixing in with the beach sands, turning it black.
I don’t know if I always had a journalist gene, or it’s just something that intertwines itself within the double-helix for curiosity, but stories that don’t walk a straight line fascinate me. Especially stories that don’t just dip their toes, … Continue reading
For just over a week this past September I circumnavigated the every move of a handful of National Audubon’s best and brightest folks trying to make sense out of where we are six months after the April 20th … Continue reading
This past week the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling released an interlaced series of four documents, its preliminary findings on the handling of the BP oil spill (they still refuse to call … Continue reading