I try to keep this blog balanced – not everything in the Gulf is gloom & doom, nor is it as rosy as some would like to portray. On occasion I find a gem of beauty, a place that inspires hope and joy. Such was last weekend with my great friend (and great pilot) Tom Hutchings. He showed me from the sky a wetlands virtually untouched. What I really discovered was an Other World. A slide show of some of the images can be seen on my Gulf Photo Blog.
- Amid More Frequent Bonnet Carré Spillway Openings, Upriver Diversions Can be a Solution June 23, 2020The unprecedented 2019 Mississippi River flood was a stark reminder of the need to rethink the management of our rivers and how we confront a future with more water coming to Louisiana from the rest of the country. In the last five years, the Army Corps has opened the Bonnet Carré Spillway (BCS) five times to relieve pressure on Mississippi River levees tha […]
- Amid More Frequent Bonnet Carré Spillway Openings, Upriver Diversions Can be a Solution June 23, 2020
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011Overview (from Canon) “Canon has brought the best of the EOS-1D Series of digital cameras into one phenomenal model: the new flagship of the EOS line, the EOS-1D X*. Its full-frame 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and all-new Dual DIGIC 5+ … Continue reading →
- GeoTracking – Canon’s New EOS 1Dx October 18, 2011